Eat better, live better: 5 super foods to add to your diet
Superfoods are foods that are particularly rich in nutrients and health benefits. They are a great way to optimally nourish your body and prevent health problems. Here are 5 super foods to include in your daily diet:
- Chia seeds: These tiny seeds are an exceptional source of protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. They can be added to smoothies, salads, porridges and other recipes for a nutrient boost.
- Leafy green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables are an incredible source of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin K, vitamin C, and calcium. Kale, spinat and kale leaves are especially nutritious.
- Nuts: Nuts are an excellent source of protein, fiber, and heart-healthy fatty acids. Almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts are especially nutritious.
- Berries: Berries, especially blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, are small fruits rich in antioxidants and fiber. They are also low in sugar and can be a healthy addition to your diet.
- Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. They can be ground and added to smoothies, breads and other recipes for a nutrient boost. They are also a source of lignans, antioxidants that can help prevent certain chronic diseases.